Online Casinos in New Jersey, USA
Best New Jersey Online Casinos
Golden Nugget NJ
100% Up To $1,000 + 200 Free Spins
BetMGM Casino NJ
100% Up To $1,000
Borgata Casino NJ
100% Up To $1,000
About NJ Online Casino Sites
New Jersey has a short history for online gambling. For many years, Atlantic City was the go-to place for gamblers on the East Coast. However, the country started being more lenient toward regulating gambling, which is when Atlantic City’s fortuned started diminishing. The competition increased in many places including New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Connecticut.
For New Jersey, this meant a decline in gambling revenue. As new casinos popped in Atlantic City, this was exacerbated. Next was the massive economic crisis in the mid-2000s.
At this point, the idea of online casino in NJ became widely discussed. Such conditions prompted the regulation of online games such as poker that would bring a competitive advantage and a financial boost for New Jersey. This was when Governor Chris Christie passed a bill to legalize casino online NJ gambling sites in 2013. Through the passage of bill A2578, online gambling was legalized within the borders of the state.
In the years that follow, the NJ online casino list grew gradually, providing the state with high revenue gains.
The Best Online Casino Bonuses in NJ
|Golden Nugget Casino|
Regulations Found at an Online Casino in New Jersey
Licensing of an NJ Casino Online
Since the State Constitution was written in 1947, laws permitted limited, very specific gambling in New Jersey. Even after the passage of bill A2578 when online gambling was legalized, this came with certain restrictions.
The bill gives existing land-based casinos a chance to apply for a gaming permit, as well as to partner with an iGaming software operator or provider. Any online casino NJ that applies for a license needs to pay a deposit of $100,000 which is non-refundable to cover the application fees. When approved, the online casino New Jersey has to pay a total price of $400,000 for the actual license, which includes the application fee.
In addition to these fees, a licensed New Jersey online casino is obligated to pay a renewal fee of $250,000 and an annual fee of the same amount. All these payments go toward the compulsive gambling treatment programs in the state, while the 15% tax rate of the growing gaming revenue go to the CRDA (Casino Reinvestment Development Authority). Lastly, gambling websites pay 2.5% of GGR to the CRDA.
In addition to permits, New Jersey offers three types of iGaming licenses including:
- Casino service industry enterprise license
- Vendor registrants license
- Ancillary casino service industry enterprise license
Regulations for New Jersey Casinos
Online gambling within this state falls under the jurisdiction and purview of DGE, the Division of Gaming Enforcement. DGE is responsible for vetting the applicants for a license, making sure that games are fair, assuring the honesty and integrity of people in the casinos, checking if the online casino games NJ are fair, etc.
Based on their analysis of different companies, the DGE gives casinos a transactional waiver, a temporary permit that gives sites an option to hold a soft launch and offer its services to a limited number of players. Once it is confirmed by the regulators that a site is safe and satisfactory, they grant them a full license.
Who Can Play Casino Online NJ
There are two conditions for playing at any of the sites on the New Jersey online casino list:
- Must be 21 years of age or above
- Must be located within the borders of the state
Even if you’re registered and a resident in New Jersey, you cannot play on its licensed sites unless you are inside this state. You don’t have to be a resident to play if you are currently located in NJ.
How Players Can Gamble at a New Jersey Casino Online
Gambling on such sites is very simple as long as you meet the conditions presented by law. Before you start betting, you should make sure to choose a safe online casino slots NJ. Such a site will have a valid license, a nice selection of games and banking methods, as well as a good customer support service.
What Do Players Need to Gamble at a Real Money Online Casino NJ
To gamble at such a site, you only need to be of legal age, which is 21 or above, and be located in the state. There’s no law against people who are not residents of New Jersey. If you are within its borders, you can play for real cash on licensed sites, as well as claim an NJ online casino bonus.
How to Pick the Best NJ Casino Site
Choosing the best online NJ casino is important if you want a fair, legit, and entertaining play. It all starts with deciding what you expect from a casino and what you want to get when you play there. Some of the sites that operate in this state have a lot to offer to players. When choosing a website, you should check the following:
- Bonus offers: most New Jersey online casinos will offer you some perks to entice you to pick them. You should check what these include, but also make sure that their wagering requirements are realistic and that you’ll be able to actually benefit from using a bonus.
- Games: Most sites today offer a variety of slots, table and card games. Some have live casino and specialty games, too, as well as numerous varieties of popular titles like Poker, Blackjack, or Roulette. As long as they use reliable software developers and have a big game selection, players can enjoy their time on the site for days to come.
- Banking options: Since you’d be gambling with real money, you need to make sure of three things: that your deposits and withdrawals are safe, fast, and come free of fees or with minimal fees. Anyhow, you should be informed about any method you choose. Top-rated sites usually offer a choice between different methods like cards, e-wallets, prepaid cards, wire transfers, etc.
Games Found at the Best NJ Online Casinos
A2578 allows casino operators to offer blackjack, slot machines, poker, craps, video poker, roulette, and other casino games. The most popular games found at NJ online casinos include variants of roulette, baccarat, poker, blackjack, as well as hundreds, if not thousands of slot machines.
Card and Table Games
Real money websites in this state allow players access to hundreds of slots and table games. You might find traditional options as well as live casino games. On such websites, you can find traditional table games in different versions including three card poker, Pai Gow Poker, Let It Ride, and Casino Hold’Em. Live dealer games include blackjack, baccarat, roulette, and poker.
In New Jersey casinos, players can find a blend of modern and classic slot machines including everything from penny slots to jackpot machines and 3D machines. They can find titles from giants in the software industry including IGT, Microgaming, NetEnt, NYX Gaming, etc. The most played games in this state include slots like Captain Nemo, Cleopatra, Mega Moolah, Divine Fortune, and Wheel of Fortune.
Gambling Problems and Responsible Online Gambling in NJ
To beat compulsive gambling and promote responsible gambling, all license-holders in New Jersey must display the contact information of an organization where their players can seek professional help. Every year, the DGE submits a report to the governor including information from the investigation regarding the impact of this industry on problem gambling. To be more, NJ collects a $250,000 annual fee from its operators to be used by the Counsel of Compulsive Gambling of New Jersey, as well as several other addiction programs.
To keep players safe, the state has created a self-exclusion list. Players can submit an application to the New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement in Trenton to be prohibited from using any online casino sites. They can also file a complaint against a casino at the Casino Control Commission in Atlantic City.
FAQ about Online Casinos in NJ
- ❓ Can I gamble online in New Jersey?
- Yes. New Jersey has made online gambling legal in November 2013. Since then, many NJ online casino sites have gone live, offering hundreds of games and many bonuses to players.
- 👮 Are casinos legal in New Jersey?
- Yes. New Jersey legalized online gambling in 2013. The New Jersey Division of Gaming Enforcement oversees all licensed casinos and decides who gets a valid gaming permit.
- ✔️ How old do you have to be to bet in New Jersey?
- If you are 21 years old or older and located in New Jersey, you can play on their regulated online gambling site. You don’t have to be a resident, but you have to be within the state’s borders to play. These sites use geolocation software to ensure that this stipulation is met.
- 🏅 What is the best online casino in NJ?
- Golden Nugget is the leading online casino in this state for the past couple of years. They have a huge number of games that goes over 700 and are considered a market revenue leader for over 3 years now. In 2019, this was the first site to post over $14 million in revenue in only one month – August 2019.
- 🎲 What casino games can I play in New Jersey?
- Right now, gamblers in NJ can pick and choose between hundreds of games in licensed casinos, including many slot machines, card and table games, as well as live games.