Sports Betting in Michigan, USA
Michigan sports betting is highly developed field. Nowadays there are more than 15 legal and certified Michigan online sportsbooks. Most of them have mobile apps, so we can say that online sports betting in Michigan is a modern, technological and competetive market. Also, Michigan sports betting sites are well-known for their generous bonuses, you can claim up to $2,000 in bonuses in some of them. Read out article to find out more about all the perks you can get from MI sports betting.
How Does Online Sport Betting Michigan Work?
Discussing Sports Betting in Michigan, players started wagering on March 11th of 2020. However, it was only limited to in-person wagers at physical, real-world locations during this time, so it only lasted around a week before the casinos started shutting down. That being the case, casinos started opening once again in June, and saw tremendous gains in terms of revenue.
As such, the online market in Michigan began to grow rapidly. Mobile players were the strongest contributors to the growth of these sportsbooks. As such, the Online Sportsbook launched on January 22nd of 2021 and many of the biggest operators out there prepared special bonus offers in preparation for the emerging market.
Michigan started accepting applications for online operators on May 15th of 2020. This is where some of the biggest casinos in MI started offering bonuses just as they were about to go live. As such, MI sports betting became legal.
Best US Online Casinos
888 Casino NJ
$20 No Deposit Bonus
Caesars Casino MI
100% Match up to $2,000
$200 Free Play with First $50 deposit
What Sports Betting Michigan State Sport Can You Bet On
When it comes to sports betting in Michigan State, you can bet on the following:
- Rugby Union
- Rugby League
- Aussie Rules
- Formula 1
Legal Online Sports Betting MI
After the Supreme Court Decision repealed the Professional and Amateur Sports Protection act in May of 2018, every state became free to legalize and regulate sports betting.
Sports betting in Michigan became legal in 2019 as state lawmakers moved quickly to legalize both online and in-person sports betting and started launching in retail locations beginning with 2020. With three casinos located in Detroit alone, and online casinos taking the world by storm in terms of accessibility, Michigan online gambling has become the most dynamic and an interesting market when it comes to sports betting.
Ensure you always read the casino’s terms and conditions and ensure that it is fully licensed before making an account. To place bets on sports make sure you meet two important conditions:
- 21 years old and older
- physical presence in the state
Sports Betting in Michigan Casinos Online Sports Betting Apps
Regarding the sportsbook apps that are available and live in Michigan and their casino partners at the moment, you can bet freely on:
|PA Sports Betting App||Bonus||Bonus Codes|
|DraftKings||Up to $1,000||–|
|BetMGM||$1,000 Risk Free Bet||PLAYBONUS|
|FanDuel||Up to $1,000 Risk Free Sports Bet||–|
|BetRivers||100% Up to $250||PLAY250|
|WynnBet||$1,000 Risk Free On Deposit||–|
|PointsBet||2 Risk-Free Bets Up to $2,000||BETBONUS|
|Caesars||Up To $5,000 Risk Free Bet||LEGALRF|
Signing up for Sports Betting Sites Michigan
If you want to engage in online sports betting in Michigan, you need to be at the legal age of 21, and you need to make an account. You will also need a credit card or another type of acceptable payment method available to you if you want to deposit funds into the sportsbook and actually start betting.
That being said, to start signing up, you need to find the “Sign Up” button somewhere on the page. Almost every single time this button will be located on the top right corner of the screen. If you cannot find it, click on “Log In”, after which you should see a “Don’t Have an Account? Sign Up Here!” prompt right under the form.
You will need to enter some initial information before you can get your account up to speed. Most of the time, you are required to enter the following information:
- Promo Code (Optional)
- Agree to the terms and conditions as well as confirm that you are of legal age.
Now, most of the sportsbook apps and pages will require a bit more information as well, including:
- Your First Name
- Your Last Name
- Your Home Address
- Your City
- Your State
- Your Zip Code
- Your Date of Birth (Month, Day, Year)
Now, there will always be sites that are slightly different and slightly more specific, however, this is the general type of information you will always be required to enter due to regulations.
To get started with the betting process itself, select a preferred deposit method, and once the funds are placed onto your account, you can place an online bet in Michigan.
To do so, navigate to the sport section, click on the line that you want to bet, head over to your bet slip, enter your bet amount and click on submit.
Pros and Cons of Betting on a Michigan Casinos Sports Betting App
- Fully Legal and Regulated.
- A Solid Number of Sportsbook Applications Available.
- Ease of Access with Fully Optimized Websites.
- Plenty of Banking Options Available Which Makes Everything Accessible.
- Newer on the Market, So New Sportsbooks as Well as Sports Need to Be Added.
Michigan Sports Betting Sportsbook Bonus Offer
There are different types of bonuses in Michigan Sports Betting Sportsbook Offers.
- No Deposit Bonuses – This is the first type of bonus that you will encounter, this is known as a gift bonus, where you are not required to make any deposits, and the only thing you need to do in order to claim it is to sign up for the sportsbook. These come in the form of bonus dollars or free bets.
- Deposit, Match and Reload Bonuses – There is also a bonus for depositing funds. This can range anywhere from 20% to up to 100% of the bonus amount. Regardless of what kind of percentage you are getting, there will always be a cap on the maximum amount of bonus dollars you as a player can receive. Deposit bonuses are essentially matching bonuses.
- Insurance and Refund Bonuses – These bonuses compensate you if you potentially lose. This is a return to your account that you typically receive within a day.
- Cashback Bonuses – A cashback bonus pledges to compensate the dollars you have lost, regardless of the type of bet you do.
- Occurrence Bonuses – This is the type of bonus that will pay out each time a particular event happens throughout a match. The players who opt into the bonus receive a fixed amount for every occurrence.
- Odds Boosts – This is an artificial inflation of the payout that is associated with a particular bet.
- Sweepstakes Bonuses – These can award prizes such as game tickets, merchandise or other tangible rewards. They are typically connected to events such as the Super Bowl.
- Leaderboard Bonuses – Players can make the same wagers they have always made in a specific timeframe, and the sportsbook will grade the best based on the size of the wager, the frequency of the wager and how successful they are. The players who have made the best wagers receive points for their success.
- Free Plays – Certain sportsbooks can offer promotions such as free plays, where a player is awarded a prize. The conditions for achieving this prize typically contains a random aspect.
Sports Betting in Michigan: How to Bet on Sports
Find a game that you want to bet on and click on the type of bet that you want. If you do not immediately notice your desired bet, there is usually a button that says “more” which can take you to the full listings of the wagers available for a particular game, match or race.
The next thing you need to do is to check the odds and make sure that they are to your specified interest. When you click on the bet, it should show up as a virtual betting slip.
Here you will be able to put in the amount that you want to bet, and when you type on the bet amount, it should tell you exactly how much you stand to win if your prediction is correct. Certain sportsbook will even show you the profit number, while some can show you the full amount that will be returned to you.
How to Deposit and Withdraw Funds on Michigan Online Sports Betting
Many sports betting operators accept different types of payment methods.
You can use:
- Bank Cards
- Prepaid Cards
- Bank Transfers
- Electronic Wallets
League Partnerships at Michigan Internet Sports Betting
Many of the Michigan Sports Betting apps will have partnerships with certain teams or leagues. Some of the most common partnerships include:
- NFL betting
- NBA betting
- MLB betting
- NHL betting
Where Can I Engage in Michigan Legal Sports Betting?
If you want to engage in online sports betting, Michigan without relying on online services, you can do so in the following physical locations:
- MGM Grand Detroit
- Firekeepers Casino Hotel
- MotorCity Casino Hotel
- Greektown Casino
FAQ About Sports Betting in MI
- 🤔 When It Comes to the Legal Status of Sports Betting in Michigan, What Is It Like?
- Sports betting in Michigan is fully legal as well as regulated, and anyone of legal age can gain access to it.
- ❓ Regarding the Regulation, Who Is Responsible for Overseeing the Michigan Sports Betting Industry?
- The Michigan Gaming Control Board or MGCB does this for short, which are fully responsible for overseeing everything.
- 🎁 What Kind of Promotions Can Players Expect From Michigan Sportsbooks?
- There are multiple types of bonuses available, including no deposit bonuses, deposit bonuses, insurance, refund bonuses, cashback bonuses, occurrence bonuses, odds boosts, leaderboard bonuses and even free plays.