How to Choose the Best Online Sportsbook USA
Sports betting has a complicated history in the USA. Sports fans around the world were enjoying the most reputable online sportsbook, but U.S. citizens felt they were going backwards. Fortunately, that changed in 2018. Right after The Supreme Court overturned the PASPA, sports betting became legal. Not all states have progressed towards complete liberalization, but we’re making important steps forward.
If you live in a state where you can legally access a sportsbook online, you have an important choice to make. You should choose a site that gives you great odds and guarantees your security. We recommend reading reviews in order to decide: what is the best sportsbook online?
What Is an Online Sportsbook?
For people outside the United States of America, the term sportsbook may be confusing. It’s not a book; it’s a place where you can place bets on different sports. If we’re talking about an online sportsbook, the entire process takes place on a website.
At the moment, 8 such websites operate legally in the USA for online sports betting. We’ll help you choose the best online sportsbook by guiding you through the factors that make a difference.
What’s the Best Legal Online Sportsbook US?
These are the betting sites that legally operate in the USA:
|Online Sportsbook||Bonus||Legal in|
|DraftKings||Up To $1,000 + $50 Free||AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, MI, NH, NJ, PA, TN, VA, WV and WY|
|BetMGM||Up To $1,000 use Bonus Code PLAYBONUS||AZ, CO, DC, IN, IA, MI, MS, NV, NJ, PA, TN, VA, WV and WY|
|FanDuel||Up To $1,000 risk-free bet||AZ, CO, CT, IL, IN, IA, MI, NJ, PA, TN, VA and WV|
|PointsBet||Up To $2,000 use Bonus Code BETBONUS||CO, IL, IN, IA, MI, NJ and WV|
|Caesars||Up To $1,001 use Bonus Code LEGALRF||AZ, CO, IN, IA, IL, MI, NJ, TN, VA and WV|
|Unibet||$600 risk-free bet use Bonus Code BETBONUS||AZ, IN, IA, NJ, PA and VA|
|BetRivers||Up To $250 use Bonus Code PLAY250||AZ, CO, IL, IN, IA, MI, PA and VA|
They are all big brands that ensure a player’s safety. When choosing the best sportsbook online, the selection boils down to the three top options:
This brand has been offering sports betting services since the beginnings of this industry. It features a massive selection of sports, but it’s also famous for daily fantasy sports. You’ll enjoy its live betting feature, which comes with better odds when compared to the other brands that offer it. DraftKings is available in 13 states at the moment.
This one is often listed as the top sportsbook online when user experience is the main ranking factor. The platform works brilliantly, and it’s easy to handle even for beginners. FanDuel is the second-best site for daily fantasy sports, right after DraftKings. Currently, it offers its services in 12 states.
BetMGM is another brand with a great reputation in this industry. It’s the best online sportsbook USA for those looking for non-stop support and super-fast payouts. The brand offers an outstanding mobile app, which lets you place bets anytime, anywhere. BetMGM is available in 14 states.
Tips: How to Choose a Top Online Sportsbook?
These simple steps will help you choose the best online sportsbook for USA:
- Consider Your Location
Different websites are available in different states. For example, Unibet is only available in Indiana, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, and Virginia. BetMGM, DraftKings, and FanDuel have established a broader network. Start narrowing the list of betting sites by considering those that are available in your location.
- Read Reviews
Reviews provided by real users are essential for choosing the best online sportsbook USA. They will inform you about the speed of deposits and payouts, as well as the ease of use for a particular site.
- Consider Your Bets
Now that you have a narrower list of websites, think: what bets do you want to place? Check the odds, and you’ll choose the website that guarantees the highest payout in case you win.
- Will You Get Bonuses?
Promos are a big deal in online sportsbook betting, but the policies often impose playthrough requirements. Read the terms and check reviews to make sure you’re getting a good deal.
Sports Betting in US States
New Jersey Sports Betting
Pennsylvania Sports Betting
West Virginia Sports Betting
Michigan Sports Betting
New York Sports Betting
Delaware Sports Betting
Nevada Sports Betting
What about Online Sportsbook Bonuses and Promos?
Since the competition between these brands is huge, they all offer online sportsbook bonuses. They come in different forms:
- Bet credits – you can use them to place bets, and you can withdraw any subsequent winnings.
- Deposit match – the website will multiply your first deposit, according to its policies.
- Promo Code – if you have a valid code when signing up for an online sportsbook USA, you’ll get a reward in your balance.
- Bet & Get – the provider will offer free bets as a reward after you place your first bet on the website. William Hill is known for such offers.
- ❓ What’s a sportsbook?
- It’s a place that allows you to legally place bets on sports. When choosing an online sportsbook US, you can bet on sports through a website. At the moment, 8 such services operate across the USA.
- 👮 Are online sportsbooks legal?
- It depends on your state’s regulations. By now, 23 states and Washington, DC have legalized online sports betting. Several other states are about to liberalize the industry in the near future. It’s best to check the legislation in your state before placing any bets online.
- 🎁 Do sportsbooks offer any bonuses?
- Yes! The selection of a top online sportsbook will depend on the available bonus program. For example, DraftKings gives you free credits to use for any kind of bet after your first real bet on the website.