Online Sports Betting In West Virginia
Are you interested in sports betting VW and would like to know more about what’s available? In this article we will examine the allowed sports to place wagers on, the regulations and who is permitted to play. You’ll also learn about playing on an app, which is a convenient way of accessing West Virginia betting sites.
What West Virginia Online Sports Betting is Allowed?
In this section we will take a look at the specific sports that you can legally enjoy gambling in the State of West Virginia. Keep in mind that the laws are always updating so you can expect more sports to be added in the future.
Sports betting VW that’s allowed:
- World series
- UFC events
- The Masters
- Super Bowl
- Stanley Cup Playoffs
- NBA finals
- March Madness
- Kentucky Derby
- College Football Players
You’ll notice from the list that betting on college sports is allowed in this state. It’s a unique aspect because it’s not allowed in other states. Furthermore, there are no limitations on placing esports bets, which is always increasing in popularity. Therefore, people in this state have a lot of different WV sports betting online they can take part in.
The WV Sports Betting Regulations to Consider
The VW lawmakers have worked hard in the last few years to improve the availability of sports betting. They were one of the first states that allowed legal sports betting to come back. Therefore, the pioneering efforts of this state is something to look up to for other states trying to do the same.
The Supreme Court ruled that sports betting in WV is legal back in 2018. Since then multiple sportsbooks have taken advantage to offer action. However, the law only allows 5 casinos in WV to apply for a license in the state.
Also, you must be 18 years of age in order to place real money wagers on sports action.
The Best West Virginia Sports Betting App
Using sports betting apps is one of the easiest ways to place bets on the action you want. Here are a few of the top apps you can download today for sports betting mobile WV:
|WV Sports Betting App||Bonus||Bonus Code|
|BetMGM||$1,000 Risk Free Bet||PLAYBONUS|
|DraftKings||Up to $1,000 Deposit Bonus||–|
|Caesars||Up To $1,001||LEGALRF|
|FanDuel||Up to $1,000 Risk Free Bet||–|
|PointsBet||2 Risk-Free Bets Up to $2,000||BETBONUS|
- Draft Kings: This app is one of the most popular and provides an excellent welcome bonus offer of $50 just for registering. Also, you get free bets when registering, which is a great way to test the site.
- Fan Duel: one of the daily fantasy sports pioneers that have a lot of recognition in the industry. They also provide a good quality welcome bonus offer allowing you to insure the first wager up to $1,000.
- BetMGM: the first matched deposit on this site is $600, giving new players bonus money to gamble with. The app is from the MGM Resorts international family, so they have a lot of experience providing sports betting WV mobile games.
The above list of online sports betting in west Virginia apps is just the start. There are many more out there for you to explore.
The Process of Registering to a Sports Betting Site
Now let’s take a look at how you should register for an account so you can begin placing bets. You’ll see that it’s a simple process that should take no longer than a few minutes. Here are the 5 steps to register for a West Virginia mobile sports betting account:
- Step 1: start by downloading the mobile app on your smartphone. You will need to use the Android or Apple marketplace to find the app you need to download.
- Step 2: Click on the register button and begin entering your information. You’ll typically have to enter info such as your name, date of birth, email address, phone number and address.
- Step 3: once you register an account you’ll need to confirm your email, which you can do by going to the inbox.
- Step 4: head over to the cashier and choose a deposit option that suits your preferences. Next, enter the amount you want to play with. When making a first deposit consider the available bonus offers to ensure you are getting the most value.
WV Sports Betting App Pros and Cons
In this section we will explore the advantages and disadvantages of sports betting apps. By the end you’ll be able to make the right choice when deciding if mobile apps are for you.
WV casinos sports betting pros:
- Convenience: you can play anywhere you want if there is an internet connection. It doesn’t matter if you’re waiting in line at the grocery store or traveling on public transport.
- Choice: you have the freedom to choose between several online sportsbooks from your mobile phone. If one sportsbook doesn’t have the bets you want to place, then navigate to another one.
- User interface: the quality of the modern user interface is excellent. You’ll feel that the betting process is fast and responsive. A lot of testing has taken place to ensure the quality of the apps.
For a balanced overview of mobile apps you also need to consider the cons.
WV sports betting apps cons:
- Smaller screen: the lack of a large screen may mean that it’s harder to place a lot of bets quickly. You may like to have several tabs up at once in order to compare bets.
- Inconsistent experience: the quality of the experience depends on the smartphone you have. If you have an old smartphone, then there might be technical problems.
Sports Betting West Virginia Bonus Offers
There are different types of bonus offers you need to be aware of when gambling online on these websites. Here are the top ones:
- Welcome offer: when you sign up to a new sports betting WV online sportsbook you will have a welcome bonus. This might be a free bet, insurance on your bet or a 100% matched deposit. Check around to see what website has the best offer.
- Free bet: you may receive a free bet once in a while that’s added to your account. These are usually not big, but give you some money to play around with. It’s usually an offer designed to lure players to come back and play.
- No risk bet: this bet type will refund your money if you lose the bet. Therefore, there is no financial risk when placing the bet. Make sure you understand the terms and conditions when making the wager.
The Process of Betting on West Virginia Sports Betting Sites
After you have registered an account you will need to deposit money so you can play. Unless you find a website that allows you to enjoy free bets after you have registered. Here is what you need to do for betting on WV sports betting sites.
Depositing and withdrawing funds basics: start by heading over to the cashier and select your preferred deposit option. Next, deposit the amount you want to gamble with. Don’t forget to enter a bonus code if one is available.
When withdrawing you will also use the cashier. You may need to withdraw with the same method as the deposit was made.
WV Sports Betting League Partnerships
You may notice that some sports betting apps have a league partnership. This might provide some bonuses and advantages depending on the nature of the partnership. These are the type of partnerships you’ll come across:
- NFL betting: Place wager on the super bowl and the games in the regular season.
- NBA betting: place regular season wagers, the playoffs and the finals.
- MLB betting: bet on the games and how each player performs.
- NHL betting: place bets on who will win and how many points are accumulated.
Sports Betting in West Virginia Locations
Want to know where you can gamble in the state of West Virginia sports? The locations where you can visit to place bets include:
- The Greenbrier
- Wheeling Island
- Mardi Gras
Visit these locations to wager on sports in-person if you don’t want to do it online.
- 🏆 Can you legally place West Virginia sports wagers?
- It is allowed to place real money bets on several sports in West Virginia if you are 21 years of age or older.
- 🤔 Do I have to live in West Virginia to bet?
- You do not have to be a resident of the state. However, you need to be in West Virginia while making bets
- ⚡ Are there specific sports I cannot bet on?
- The only sport that you can’t bet on today is high school games.